The below is my opinion and my reasons for not using Confluence any more.
Check out their requests pages and feedback on Jira and you’ll find out how Atlassian simply piss off their users of the on premise version of Confluence. Pretty much any useful request comes down to:
- After feedback from many of their on-demand users, they decided not to include the request
- They decided not to
- It simply won’t be implemented, end of discussion
- They want us to use the product their way, they don’t care what we want
- They think the idea is stupid
- They just like ignoring people
Simply put, if you want something, forget about it, go elsewhere and find an alternative like I did.